Thursday, June 20, 2013

Welcome to my Neighborhood

Although the original plan was for me to come to England to help pick out our place, it just didn't work out. So I put my faith in Mike and our realtor, and I have to say, I couldn't be more pleased with their work. I had decided I wanted to prioritize a central location, and I just love our neighborhood. Here's a little tour:

 When you walk out our door and turn to the right, this is what you see.
 You turn the corner and walk down this alley.
 This street is one block over. The two pictures below are just a little farther down, less than another block, where the school is located that I'd like Camille to get into. Fingers crossed. We'll find out mid-July.




 This street of adorable houses is a couple blocks down.
From my house, turning left, you walk down the block and come to this little shopping area. We are going without a car, so it's been super handy to be able to leave the house for short spurts of shopping every time I think of something we need. Which is often.

That's it for now. Now that I have wifi (hooray!) and am slowly getting away from spending my daytime hours in a sleepy daze, I'll be able to post more.

Cheerio from Cambridge! (Sadly, no one has said that to me yet.)

5 comments:

  1. I suppose someday I could do a post on everything ugly and annoying, but as it's our first week, I'm not there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise that I won't begin every post by telling you how jealous I am, but let's just get it out of the way - I AM! As Mary Poppins would say, that looks "practically perfect in every way."
    I am not sure what the year ahead holds for us, if we will be able to make it over or not, so please keep the photos and posts coming. I am interested in Every Single Little Thing.
    Cheerio ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What an amazing experience for you!
    You should have done "house hunters" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across all your posts! I guess I dont check the blogs as much as I used to so I will have to do that more. Super fun pics and its nice to have a little market close by....gotta catch up now on your others posts! :)

    ReplyDelete